Easy for you, hard for them. The new Tide PODS® Child-Guard™ Pack helps keep your little ones safe and offers you the same advanced cleaning power. When you slide the zipper without first hooking it onto the track on Tide PODS® new packaging, you’ll find the bag is still closed. This child-proofing measure makes it difficult for children to open the package.
To open the new Tide PODS® Child-Guard™ Pack you will need to:
- Turn the bag to face you, and move the red slider to the left side of the package.
- Line up the red slider with the notch on the white zipper track.
- Press the top down, and slide to the right. Keep pressing the top of the red slider while sliding it.
- Always make sure to reseal the bag by sliding the red slider back to the left when finished, and store the bag up and out of the reach of children.
Note: The sealed track should never be pried open, or opened with any object other than the custom slider attached to the bag. However, should the zipper be opened, and should you find it difficult to reclose by simply moving the red slider back, the track can be resealed by pressing the two sides of the track together until you hear a “click”.
Make sure to press along the entire track to ensure that the track is fully reclosed. It may help to press the track together against a hard surface, such as a table or washing machine, to ensure full closure.
A Safe and Clean Routine for Home Safety
Make safety a top priority during your laundry routine, especially when children are involved. Whether it’s weeks' worth of laundry or just a small load, there are many ways to protect your family throughout the laundry process by simply applying a few childproofing and home-safety tips.
Home Safety Checklist to Make the Laundry Process Safer for Your Family
Your laundry room and its contents contribute to an efficient laundry routine that is safe for the entire family. Follow the tips below to help child proof your home to ensure you are using and storing laundry products properly.
- In addition to keeping products out of reach of children, to ensure child safety, keep products in their original containers with the labels intact.
- After each use, completely close the container, and immediately store the container in an appropriate location out of reach of children.
- Choose child-proof products like Tide PODS® Child-Guard™ Pack whenever possible.
- Child proof cabinets and drawers when it comes to storing household cleaning and laundry items.
Home Safety During Use
- Follow all recommended product instructions, and pay particularly close attention to all home safety warnings such as the 'Caution', 'Warning', 'Danger', or 'Keep out of reach of children' statements.
- To prevent pacs from dissolving before use, you should always close the package and handle with dry hands.
- Laundry products should never be in the hands of children. However, to minimize risks, choose child safety products like the Child-Guard™ Pack whenever possible to prevent children from opening the package.
- Clean up any spills immediately after they occur.
- Be sure to wash your hands after doing laundry, as well as any utensils you use to dispense or measure products.
- Aim to take care of the laundry and other cleaning chores during your child's downtime (such as naptime). This will help to ensure your attention is not diverted while using laundry and cleaning products and avoid unintended exposure.
Child Proofing and Safety with Product Disposal
- Follow the recommended product disposal information that is indicated on the label.
- To truly child proof your house, never use empty detergent containers for storing any other materials, especially for anything intended for human consumption.
If an Incident Occurs
- Unintended exposure to or skin contact with laundry products usually causes no serious medical effects.
- If exposure to the skin or clothing occurs, remove contaminated clothing and rinse skin well with water.
- If a product gets in the eye(s), then rinse immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice as needed.
- If a product is swallowed, drink a glass of water or milk and contact the Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
- Following these laundry safety steps will help keep your home as safe as possible. Know what to do before unintended exposure happens. Read the product safety information provided on the package.