Working Together to Make Homes Safe
Keeping loved ones safe is a joint effort. We’ve been working closely with Safe Kids Worldwide, Alzheimer’s Association, American Cleaning Institute®, and you to ensure safe use of liquid laundry pacs. Tide PODS® pacs have revolutionized laundry, and we’re proud of the joint effort because fewer children are accidentally accessing liquid laundry pacs.
Child Proofing for a Safe and Happy Home
There are plenty of hazards around the home that little ones can get into. If you have kids or babies in your household, you’ve probably spent a fair bit of time baby proofing to safeguard your little ones from dangers like electrical outlets, sharp edges, and window blind cords, among others. Remember to keep Tide PODS® containers closed and stored up and out of reach, away from tiny hands and curious kids. As a parent, you never know what your kids can get their hands on or what may spark their interest when you turn your back for a second, so help keep everyone safe by storing Tide PODS® securely and out of reach.
A Safe and Clean Routine for Home Safety
Make safety a top priority during your laundry routine for family and loved ones. Whether it’s weeks' worth of laundry or just a small load, there are many ways to protect your family throughout the laundry process by simply applying a few home safety tips.
Home Safety Tips to Make the Laundry Process Safer for Your Family
Your laundry room and its contents contribute to an efficient laundry routine that is safe for the entire family. Follow the tips below to help child proof your home to ensure you are using and storing laundry products properly.
- In addition to keeping products out of reach of children, to ensure child safety, keep products in their original containers with the labels intact.
- After each use, completely close the container, and immediately store the container in an appropriate location out of reach of children.
- Choose child-resistant products like Tide PODS® Child-Guard™ Pack whenever possible.
- Child proof cabinets and drawers when it comes to storing household cleaning and laundry items. For further information, please visit Safe Kids Worldwide website.
- When caring for an individual living with Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia, all cleaning products — including laundry detergents – should be secured in a locked cabinet or closet when not in use. If you are a caregiver, you can find safety information, resources and more from the Alzheimer’s Association here.
Home Safety During Use
- Follow all recommended product instructions, and pay particularly close attention to all home safety warnings such as the 'Caution', 'Warning', 'Danger', or 'Keep out of reach of children' statements.
- To prevent pacs from dissolving before use, you should always close the package and handle with dry hands.
- Laundry products should never be in the hands of children. However, to minimize risks, choose child safety products like the Child-Guard™ Pack whenever possible to prevent children from opening the package.
- Clean up any spills immediately after they occur.
- Be sure to wash your hands after doing laundry, as well as any utensils you use to dispense or measure products.
- Aim to take care of the laundry and other cleaning chores during your child's downtime (such as naptime). This will help to ensure your attention is not diverted while using laundry and cleaning products and avoid unintended exposure.
Safety with Product Disposal
- Follow the recommended product disposal information that is indicated on the label.
- Never use empty detergent containers for storing any other materials, especially for anything intended for human consumption.
If an Incident Occurs
- Unintended exposure to or skin contact with laundry products usually causes no serious medical effects.
- If exposure to the skin or clothing occurs, remove contaminated clothing and rinse skin well with water.
- If a product gets in the eye(s), then rinse immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice as needed.
- If a product is swallowed, drink a glass of water or milk and contact the Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
- Following these laundry safety steps will help keep your home as safe as possible. Know what to do before unintended exposure happens. Read the product safety information provided on the package.
Easy for you, hard for them. Our Tide PODS® Child-Guard™ Pack helps keep your little ones safe while offering you advanced cleaning power. When you slide the zipper without first hooking it onto the track on Tide PODS® packaging, you’ll find the bag is still closed. This child-proofing measure makes it difficult for children to open the package.
To open the new Tide PODS® Child-Guard™ Pack you will need to:
- Turn the bag to face you, and move the red slider to the left side of the package.
- Line up the red slider with the notch on the white zipper track.
- Press the top down, and slide to the right. Keep pressing the top of the red slider while sliding it.
- Always make sure to reseal the bag by sliding the red slider back to the left when finished, and store the bag up and out of the reach of children.
Note: The sealed track should never be pried open, or opened with any object other than the custom slider attached to the bag. However, should the zipper be opened, and should you find it difficult to reclose by simply moving the red slider back, the track can be resealed by pressing the two sides of the track together until you hear a “click”.
Make sure to press along the entire track to ensure that the track is fully reclosed. It may help to press the track together against a hard surface, such as a table or washing machine, to ensure full closure.
Tide PODS® Child-Guard™ Tub
Keeping your family safe is easy with our Tide PODS® Child-Guard™ Tub. The tub’s unique twist-and-click lid helps prevent little hands from accessing the Tide PODS® within, while adults can easily squeeze the lid’s tabs to open. By clicking the lid back into place, you’ll enjoy the peace of mind of knowing your Tide PODS® are off limits to curious little ones.
To open the new Tide PODS® Child-Guard™ Tub:
- Squeeze the tabs on both sides of the lid, and twist counterclockwise.
- Release the tabs to remove the lid.
- When finished, place the lid securely on the tub, making sure it’s not crooked.
- Twist the lid clockwise until you hear it click and lock into place.
- Always store the tub up, closed, and out of reach of children.