No one likes the smell of sweat on their clothes. Whether it’s from the aftermath of a workout session or just a hot day, removing sweat smells from clothes can be a laundry nightmare. The good news is you can get your garments back to their original freshness with our easy laundry tips.
What Causes the Sweat Smell?
Sweating is a natural part of the body’s processes, and the smell is part of the package. In fact, the human body perspires over 1 quart per day! That’s a lot of sweat, and your clothes will absorb most of it. As the sweat components break down, this can lead to unpleasant odors. And, if you don’t get rid of the sweat smell from clothes effectively, it can build up over time.
Simple Steps on How to Remove Sweat Smells from Clothes
Get sweat smells out of clothes with these simple steps:
- Place a Tide PODS® Plus Febreze Sport Odor Defense™ pac into your washer. Use two pacs if you have a large load and three if you’re dealing with an extra-large load.
- Achieve the best results with Tide Odor Rescue with Febreze Odor Defense™ as an in-wash booster. Simply add it to your wash along with Tide PODS® laundry detergent in either standard or high-efficiency washers.
- Use Downy Sport Febreze Odor Defense™ for freshness. Simply fill to the middle line of the cap for everyday odor protection or to the top for maximum odor protection. Add Downy into the drum at the beginning of the wash, but do not put in the liquid dispenser or dryer.
- Bonus tip: To give your clothes extra protection against odors and static, you can add Bounce® Sport Odor Defense™ Dryer Sheets to your dryer.
The Sport Odor Defense Collection™
Removing sweat smells from clothes is not as tricky as you might think. Take the hard work out of getting sweat smells out of clothes with The Sport Odor Defense Collection™:
- Tide PODS® comes with 4-in-1 breakthrough technology featuring detergent, stain remover, color protector, and Odor Defense™ technology to fight tough stains and set-in odors for a brilliant clean in one wash.
- Tide Rescue helps eliminate odors at the fiber level.
- Downy is specifically designed to fight tough sports odors and stains, like sweat and grass, as well as neutralize and block odors for up to 24 hours.
When you’re out playing sports or getting active in the sun, it’s not only the sweat smells you have to worry about, but also the stains left behind on your clothes. Deodorant might help keep the sweat stains at bay, but you can also end up with unsightly deodorant stains, which can be a challenge to remove. Find out how to remove deodorant and sweat stains in a few simple steps with Tide.