There are many options out there, and sometimes the choice can be daunting. When you’re trying to pick the best laundry detergent for your needs, it can be tricky to know which will give you the best results.
Liquids are more popular these days compared to powdered detergents, which may not always dissolve completely during the washing cycle. The truth is both liquid and powdered laundry detergents are effective when it comes to giving you great laundry results, but the trick is to know which one to use for the best results.
The Differences Between Liquids and Powders
If you have greasy stains to take care of, then you want to go with a liquid detergent. You can use liquid detergent to directly pre-treat tough and greasy stains like makeup or oil. Powdered detergent is better for stains like dirt or clay.
Which Detergent for Which Clothes?
Does it matter what kind of detergent you use for different types of clothes? The answer is “no.” Any garment that is considered machine washable can be washed with either detergent powders or liquids. However, if a garment might be more susceptible to color loss or bleeding, then test a small, hidden area for colorfastness.
When to Use Powdered Detergent?
- You can use powdered laundry detergent in place of any other type of detergent.
- Tide with Bleach Powder is recommended for brilliant whites.
- Use powdered detergent when you have more dirt stains in the load.
How to Use Powdered Laundry Detergent in Different Machines
- Top loader: Dose detergent directly into the drum before adding clothes.
- Front loader: Add detergent into the detergent drawer.
- HE Washer: All our detergents are now HE-compatible.
Check instructions for dosage amount, and also check the fabric care labels for washing instructions before doing your laundry.