The diapers are off, and after one bedtime story (and glass of water) too many, your dreaming toddler has wet the bed. You may be wondering how to remove those urine stains. Fortunately, Tide is your best bet for an effective urine remover. With these tips, you can remove stains and say hello to clean sheets and restful nights. We can’t promise this will be the last night-time accident you’ll have to clean up, but we can make it easier for you.
Removing Urine Stains
1. Remove Excess:Brush off any excess from the garment before rinsing under running water. The higher the water pressure, the easier it will be to remove.
2. Pre-treat:Pour Tide HE Turbo Clean Liquid directly onto the urine stain. Make sure you completely cover it and let set for 20 minutes. Pour from either the bottle or the cap.
3. Dose:You can also use the cap to ensure you use the right amount of detergent. Just fill it with the correct dose of detergent, and pour it into the detergent dispenser if you have an HE machine, or directly into the drum before loading the clothes if you have a non-HE machine.
4. Load:Without rinsing off the detergent, place the garment into the washer with other items. Leaving the detergent on the stain will give your wash that extra boost of cleaning power.
5. Wash:Wash on the usual cycle, on the hottest wash temperature indicated. Always check the instructions on the garment’s care label.
6. Unload:When the cycle is complete, unload the garments immediately.
If the urine stain persists after washing, repeat the previous steps before tossing in the dryer, as drying will set the stain.
Effective Stain Removal on a Variety of Stains
Babies and stains seem to go hand in hand. The good news is, Tide can help out with the cleaning side of child care, whether it’s for urine stains or other baby-related messes, like poop and baby food stains.
For whiter whites and tough stain removal, wash with Tide. Babies will make a mess- that’s just what babies do best- but for the cleanup, you’ve got Tide.