Everyone loves chocolate - it's one of life's greatest comfort foods and a timeless way to show affection. The sweet stuff can be enjoyed in many different, delicious forms, and they all have the potential to leave messy stains. Chocolate stains might look dark and difficult, but they don't have to leave their mark on your clothes. You'll want to make sure you have a few simple tools on hand, namely a soft-bristled toothbrush and a reliable detergent like Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid.
The most important step to get rid of chocolate stains is pre-treating, which can mean the difference between good-as-new and forever stained. And remember, when it comes to chocolate stain removal, heat and time are working against you, so try not to let the chocolate melt (any more than it already has) and get to work quickly to keep if from setting and staining permanently.
Removing Chocolate Stains
1. Remove Excess:Brush off any excess from the garment.
2. Pre-treat:Pour Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid directly onto the stain, either use a soft bristled toothbrush to help spread the detergent into the garment’s fibers or gently rub the fabric together before letting it sit for 5 minutes.
3. Dose:Use the cap to ensure you use the right amount of detergent, and pour it into the detergent dispenser if you have an HE machine, or directly into the drum before loading the clothes if you have a non-HE machine.
4. Load:Without rinsing off the detergent, place the garment into the washer with other items. Leaving the detergent on the stain will give your wash that extra boost of cleaning power.
5. Wash:Wash on the usual cycle, on the hottest wash temperature indicated. Always check the instructions on the garment’s care label.
6. Unload:When the cycle is complete, unload the garments immediately.
For alternative steps and extra tips, watch the video below for other tips on how to remove chocolate stains.
Effective Stain Removal for a Variety of Stains
Dessert stains may have other friends. Whether it’s the sauce from an earlier meal or the drink that went with it, Tide knows how to remove those stains, too.
For chocolate stain removal, or any other dessert, you can trust Tide to make your favorites look new again. Use Tide to help with tough stain removal, and although you can’t get your clothes to taste great, you can get them smelling and looking their best.